High Energy Bills? Uncomfortable home?
Has the Energy Thief struck?
Stop pouring money down the drain - learn how.
With rising electricity and gas prices, now is the time to protect your household from future price hikes. Find out how you can increase comfort, save energy, save water, save money and become more environmentally friendly with a Home Energy Audit - Level 1.
Home Energy Audit - Level 1
This consulation usually takes around 1 hour and involves an evaluation of your home's energy usage. You will take us on a walk-around your home where we will identify areas of high energy use and give you straightforward advice and tips to help improve your home. Other areas such as insulation, draughts, water, solar, recycling or garden will be discussed briefly.
Your report will list the top priorities that should be addressed and how to fix them and any general tips regarding other sustainable changes that could/should be made to your home.
Prior to the assessment, we request you send to us copies of your electricity and gas bills covering a full year - preferably consecutve bills covering all seasons. This allows us to profile your energy use before we arrive at your home and lets you get the most of your hour with us. If you would like water usage to appear on your report, then you can send these as well. Copies by email preferred or via post if necessary.
You might be eligible for some FREE* energy saving devices. If so, we'll let you know, and if time permits may even be able to install them for you. Otherwise we'll arrange another time when our team of installers are in your area.
Cost: From $195 (incl GST)*
* Travel charges may apply.
* Any time over 1 hour on site will be charged $75 plus GST per hour.
* For homes up to 20 squares (185m2)
* For homes 20 - 30 squares (185-275m2) - $295 (incl GST)
* Homes > 30 squares please contact us
* Travel charges may apply.
* Victorian households are eligible to receive certain free energy saving products to improve home energy savings. Through the support of the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) scheme, residential homes will benefit from some FREE or low cost energy saving products designed to reduce carbon emissions through home energy savings. These energy savings help fight the rising cost of their utility bills.
What's WRONG with this HOUSE?
Everything! This is a common suburban Melbourne home and most likely uncomfortable to live in, has high energy requirements and costs a lot to run.
Common in older homes, there is usually insufficient insulation and the Energy Thief (draughts) is relentless. You need to turn up the heater to try and compensate for the cold, or turn down the air-conditioner to cool the house. And then what about the inefficient appliances, wasting water, lack of recycling....The list goes on.